Monday, October 15, 2012

Dream Big


Agh! It's been almost a month since I last posted. Such a huge sin for a starting blogger. :( I was busy watching TV series and job hunting that I neglected what I promised to myself. 

A lot of things happened during my blogging absence. The Anti-Cyber Crime Law took effect but then a TRO was issued, a bunch of trapos and weirdos (but I'm hoping they are outnumbered by "normal" and promising future leaders) filed their candidacy at Comelec, I got hired for a job I practically hated my whole life, got totally addicted to Suburgatory and Glee and made a run through of Gossip Girl Season 4 to catch up (wow! I have to do it faster since Season 6 already began) and I was able to run some important errands for my "future".

Well I don't intend to congest everything in one entry so please be patient with me as I might discuss them on different posts (that will be up tomorrow *crossing fingers*)

It's 2:34 am and this is really an unhealthy schedule for me to blog. But I'm sort of testing myself if I can stand a graveyard shift without falling completely asleep. On the 29th I shall start with my temporary job. I'm guessing you already have an idea what I will be doing and you are right. *Insert sad face* I swore to myself I would never succumb to this trend but I just found myself lining up there with 20 I don't know people from 11:30 AM to freaking 12 MN the following day! I must say though that all the time, starvation and brain drain were all worth it since I got hired.

What I realized though is that a lot of people need job. Don't get me wrong but I think one can easily find a job here in the Philippines, but most of the time, we lack the skills fit for the job. There's a small percentage of high school graduates who are able to go to college. What's more troubling is that not all university students are able to finish their degree either because they lacked the resources or they simply not wanted to pursue. A diploma doesn't guarantee you of landing a good job not unless you utilize it well with your confidence, hard work and networks.


The BPO industry has been really helpful to boost the economy but I'm not wholly convinced with it. I don't know but I really feel uncomfortable with the thought that a few working Filipinos will be stuck taking calls from irate customers who look less at them. Hands down to these people who are able to talk for long hours. Maybe there are also call center employees who are enjoying the job but I just want more for them since they deserve more than that. I could only hope that our economy will recover soon and will be strengthened by exports and local industries depending less on foreign investments (although they are still essential!!!!!!) Okay I'm starting to talk nerd-ish but this is better than being an unconcerned citizen. :) 

I just pray that everything will turn out right and that I will be able to endure my new "job". And also I sincerely hope I can make the blog posts plan happen!

Will hit the sack! Tata for now! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment